Area code 938 is in the north region. Some eastern portions of Alabama and covers Huntsville, Decatur, and Madison. It is an overlay for area code 256. both serve the same area.
Location of Area Code 938
It is in North Alabama with some eastern regions. The main cities include Albertville, Alexander City, Anniston, Athens, Decatur, Florence, Fort Payne, Gadsden, Hartselle, Huntsville, Madison, Muscle Shoals, Oxford, Scottsboro, Sylacauga, Talladega, and more. It also provides customer services to strengthen the telecommunication in following metropolitan areas:
- Huntsville Metropolitan Area
- Decatur Metropolitan Area
- The Shoals
- Gadsden Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Anniston-Oxford Metropolitan Area
The time zone for the 938 area code is the Central time zone.
Record of Area code 938
- Originally area code 205 was serving the Alabama in 1947. then Area code 256 split to from 205 on March 23, 1998.
- To facilitate the services, people in new area code 256 had much time to update their devices. such as computers, cell phones, fax machines accordingly. For this, use of area code 205 continued in area code 256 through September 18, 1998.
- Area code 256 was to avoid exhausting all possible phone numbers in the 205-area code. due to population growth and use of new technology in telecommunication.
- As a result of geographic split, local call procedure will remain the same.
- Local calls are still made by dialing seven digits.
- All local call rates remain the same.
- As decided, in March 2009 by Alabama Public Service Commission that new area code would add as an overlay of 256 in 2011.
- So, an overlay plan 256/938 developed to meet the demand of new telephone numbers in state of Alabama.
- Calling procedure might change from seven-digit to ten-digits even for local and distant calls.
- Customers with new phone numbers in an overlay area code might update their electronic devices.
- People started to use 10-digit dialing from November7, 2009.
- It became compulsory to dial 10-digit instead of 7-digits by June 5, 2010.
- The area code 938 officially became active on July 10, 2010.
Calling procedure in 256/938 Area code
The overlay area plan needs fast-growing territories. to prevent exhaustion of telephone numbers and central office codes. Areas with overlay area plan make local or distant calls by using 10-digit dialing. It is a telephone dialing procedure to make local calls from one area code to another. In ten-digit dialing, callers dial the three digits central office code. The four-digit station number of the telephone subscriber along with the area code.
Is Area code 256/938 good for Business growth?
Yes, you can grow your business very fast by using Virtual phone numbers of Area code 256/938. you can start a business and get more access to millions of people to get more exposure. Alabama is a US state with more space to grow in the field of management, education, and technology.
For More You May Also Read: 334 Area Code