Area code 520 is a telephone area code. It covers Tucson and most of the southeastern part of the U.S. state of Arizona. Area code 520 was created because of a split from area code 602 on March 19, 1995.
This area code serves the southeastern parts of Arizona. Including cities Bisbee, Casa Adobes, Casa Grande, Catalina Foothills, Douglas, Drexel Eloy, Florence, Green Valley, Hights, Marana, Nogales, Oro Valley, Sierra Vista, Tucson and more.
Cochise, Maricopa, Pima, Pinal, and Santa Cruz are the counties that enjoy the telecommunication facilities under area code 520.
Time zone of Area code 520
It lies in the Mountain (UTC-7) Time Zone.
History of Area code 520
- It came after a split from area code 602 on March 19, 1995.
- 602 area code was one of the 86 original area codes assigned in NANP. It covers the entire state of Arizona in 1947.
- Because of rapidly growing population and spread of telecommunication services need more phone numbers and area codes.
- Soon after creation, area code 520 served the outer parts of Phoenix metropolitan area and southern and western parts of Maricopa County. While most of the Phoenix area retained 602 area code.
- Within two years of creation, this area code became exhausted due to rapid growth in population of Tucson and spread of cell phones and pagers.
- Therefore, in 2001 this area code split off and new area code 928 was created for Yuma, La Paz, western Maricopa County, and all northern Arizona. While All of Pima, Santa Cruz and Cochise counties, most of Pinal County and part of far southern Maricopa County retained 520.
Calling procedure in Area code 520
- it has telephone numbers assigned for the central office code 988 by FCC (Federal Communication Commission).
- The 988 is a new three-digit prefix number for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Because of 988 callers will need to dial 10-digits when making a local phone call in this area code. This decision will be effective from 24 October 2021.
- It is a telephone dialing procedure to make local calls from one area code to another. In ten-digit dialing, callers dial the three digits central office code. and the four-digit station number of the telephone subscriber along with area code.
- If you call in the same area code, then this is a local call, and you need to dial only the area code and the phone number you are calling.
- However, if you dial a number in a different area code then this is distant call, and you need to dial 1+ area code+ seven-digit phone number.
Grow your business in 520 area code.
Grow your business in Arizona’s 520 area code with the help of Virtual Phone Numbers. No matter where you live in the country, you can get a virtual Area Code business phone number without any requirement of installing extra telecommunication equipment.
A virtual business phone number is just like any other phone number you already have. By using a virtual phone number, you can make and receive calls and have a voicemail. You can use your business phone number along with your personal number in a single mobile phone. No additional phone is required to use a virtual phone number.
For More You May Also Read: 602 Area Code