Area code 860 is one of the area codes of North American Numbering Plan (NANP) assigned to serve the Connecticut State. It covers northeastern parts of Connecticut that include Hartford, New London, Litchfield, Tolland, Middlesex, and Windham counties.
Where is 860 Area code located?
Area code 860 is overlaid by an area code 959. The main cities that use area code 860 are Avon, Berlin, Bloomfield, Bristol, Brooklyn, Burlington, Canton, Central Manchester, Clinton, Colchester, Coventry, Cromwell, Durham, East Hampton, East Hartford, East Lyme, Ellington, Enfield, Essex, Farmington, Glastonbury, Granby, Groton, Haddam, Hebron, Hartford, Lebanon, Ledyard, Litchfield, Manchester, Middletown, Montville, New Britain, New London, New Milford, Newington, Norwich, Oakville, Old Lyme, Plainfield, Plainville, Plymouth, Portland, Putnam, Simsbury, Somers, Southington, Stafford, Stonington, Suffield, Thompson, Tolland, Torrington, Waterford, Watertown, West Hartford, Wethersfield, Willimantic, Windham, Windsor, Woodstock and more.
What is the Time zone of Area code 860?
Area Code 860 lies within the Eastern time zone.
- It originated from a split of area code 203 and assigned to serve most parts of the state of Connecticut.
- Area code 203 was one of the original 86 area codes in NANP, introduced in 1947 to serve the entire state of Connecticut.
- At that time, it was the only Area code that was serving the whole State.
- With the passage of time the rapid increase in population created the need for more phone numbers in the area to fulfill the telecommunication needs of the customers.
- 203 split into a new area code 860, On August 28,
- Most northern and eastern parts of the Connecticut came under area code 860.
- Along with this, area code 203 reduced to Fairfield County except for Sherman, New Haven County and a part of Litchfield County including Bethlehem, Woodbury, and a small part of Roxbury.
- On August 30, 2014, area code 959 overlaid 860 to serve the same region.
- even- digits dialing pattern was common to make a call.
- 7- digit calling pattern shifted to 10- digits soon after implementation of overlay plan.
- 10 digits dialing became mandatory on October 4, 1996. It also means that 7- digits dialing will come to an end soon.
- However, local calls, even across the street, will require an area code plus seven numbers.
- On the other side, for making toll calls, you will require 1 plus the 10 numbers.
- Ten- digit dialing means making a phone call by dialing area code before dialing a phone number of that area (area code + seven- digit number).
- Ten- digit dialing is necessary when two or more area codes cover the same geographic area. When you want to make a phone call in an overlay situation from one area code to another area code in the same geographic area, then you must dial 10-digits because you and your destined area have the same 7- digit phone number but each would have a different area code.
- 10- digit (10D) dialing within area code overlays permits the phone companies to connect your call to the correct subscriber in the same geographic region.
- 10- digit dialing was effective from November 14, 2009, for all callers in this area.
- Landline and wireless are the largest telephone carriers in this area. Landline usage is more than wireless system. 96% prefixes assigned to area code 860.
Is 860 Area Code Toll free?
No, it is not a toll- free numbers. It is specific NPA (Numbering Plan Area)to parts of Connecticut.
How to Grow your Business with area code 860?
Here is the equal opportunity for all who wants to start a business in State of Connecticut. No matters where you live and see your business, just get the virtual phone number for your business. No need to build an office in Connecticut. If you get the facility of the virtual phone number then, you can operate your business everywhere. There are many benefits for using business/ virtual phone numbers.
- No need to construct the building in this area. Just use the phone number.
- No need to use another device to use this business phone number.
- Operate it along with your personal phone number.
- Keep your personal numbers safe and private by using business phone number.
- Use voice mail for your business.
- In business close hours, transfer calls to voice mail.
For More You May Also Read: Area Code 203 and 475