It is a North American numbering plan area code. And covers most of the western parts of the Phoenix Metropolitan area in the state of Arizona. It made its appearance on 1st April 1999 when area code 602 splits.
Location of Area Code 623
It is in Maricopa County in the central state of Arizona. Larger cities such as Avondale, Buckeye, El Mirage, Glendale, Goodyear, Litchfield Park, New River, Peoria, Phoenix, west parts of Sun City, Surprise, Tolleson, Youngtown comes under the 623 area code.
Time zone of Area Code 623
The Time zone of area code 623 is Mountain (UTC-7).
Background of Area code 623
- This was not the original area code that served the Arizona, it’s introduction was in 1999 because of split of area code 602.
- Area Code 602 is one of the original 86 area codes in NANP. so, created by AT&T and the Bell System in 1947. Originally, it served the entire state of Arizona.
- Rapid growth in Arizona’s population and spread of fax machines, cell phones and dial-up Internet connections increased the demand for telephone lines.
- As a result, a new area code 520 was being created and intended as a long-term solution. But within only three years 602 became exhausted due to population growth and spread of telecommunication tools of the Valley of the Sun.
- The Valley of the Sun was growing too rapidly to remain in one area code. Thus a three-way geographic split had decided and became effective on April 1, 1999. So,
- West Valley became 623 and the eastern portions of valley became area code 480, and inner Phoenix remained in 602.
- Population of Phoenix is also growing fast, and telecommunication needs are also enhanced. Despite the Phoenix area’s rapid growth, 623 is not gonna exhaust. Because of already established system the West Valley is not projected to need another area code immediately.
Calling Procedure in Area Code 602
In split area codes areas 7-digit dialing is active to dial numbers in local areas. No extra charges would apply for local calls. With few exceptions, no long-distance charges would apply from one portion of the Valley to another. Most of the Valley is still part of the Phoenix exchange, one of the largest rate centers in the United States, even after the split of 602 into three area codes such as 480 and 623.
7-digit dialing is a telephone dialing procedure to make local calls. It is also known as Local Format. In seven-digit dialing, callers dial only the three digits central office code and the four-digit station number of the telephone subscriber to reach in the same numbering plan area.
Grow your business with Area Code 623?
Virtual Phone Numbers in Arizona’s 623 Area Code can help grow your business. No matter where you live in the country, you can get a virtual 623 area Code business phone number without any requirement of installing extra telecommunication equipment.
Glendale is one of the large cities served by 623. You can start your own business over there because it has a strong and diverse economy.
A virtual business phone number is just like any other phone number you already have. By using a virtual phone number, you can make and receive calls and have a voicemail. You can use your business phone number along with your personal number on a single mobile phone. No more phone is necessary to use a virtual phone number.
For More You May Also Read: 480 Area Code